Spring is a time for renewal and a time to embrace change. It’s a perfect time to prepare for the future and invest in your home to age in place.
The bathroom is a great place to start updating your home to age in place. Upgrades can be as small as adding a grab bar and hand shower, or as comprehensive as a full bathroom renovation. Both small and large upgrades can have a positive impact on the safety of your home.
We’ve put a list of ways to begin renovating and upgrading your bathroom and how making these changes can improve the accessibility of your home.
Our shower kits are great for upgrading your shower whether you’re renovating and switching out plumbing, or looking for a way to improve your shower without involving power tools.
- For a renovation upgrade, our shower kit with rain shower, hand shower, and thermostatic valve. Installing it involves changing the plumbing behind your wall to install a thermostatic valve. Thermostatic valves offer precise temperature control, reducing the risk of scalding when properly installed. Additionally, this kit features a hand shower and slide bar giving you some extra mobility while showering.
- If you’re looking for a solution to upgrade your shower without needing to drill holes or change plumbing, there are retrofit shower kits where the installation is simple. This retrofit shower kit makes it easy to switch between the showerhead and hand shower with an easily accessible diverter, as well as offering the extra mobility that comes from having an adjustable hand shower on slide bar.
Hand Showers and Showerheads:
- Upgrading your showerhead or adding a hand shower is a quick and easy way to improve your bathroom. A wide range of showerheads are available from simple single feature spray shower heads to more complex multifunction shower head/hand shower combinations. With a hand shower/showerhead combination, you can easily add the convenience and luxury of having both a hand shower and showerhead to your bathroom.
- With so many decorative options available for grab bars, you can easily incorporate them into your bathroom décor. Whether you’re looking to make a bold statement with a bright color or are looking to elegantly blend in, adding a grab bar can help improve your shower safety significantly.
- Your grab bar can also help make your bathroom more accessible with an adjustable hand shower holder to make reaching and using your hand shower easier.
- Shower seats offer a place to rest while showering. Being able to rest allows you to relax in the shower, and reduces the risk of fatigue making you less likely to slip and fall. There are many options available for shower seats to best suit your needs, including seats that fold up out of the way when not in use.
Still not sure where to start?
- Our bundle deals are a quick and affordable way to get started upgrading your bathroom. Pairing together a hand shower and grab bar is a small change that can improve your shower mobility and shower safety.
Whether you’re planning a large renovation, or a series of smaller upgrades, there are many options available to create an efficient, stylish bathroom that works for you and your plans for the future.